All Talk but No Relationship

Some people talk a lot about the Lord, but they do not know Him. That was the fatal error of God's people in Isaiah's day. (Isaiah 29:13) They honored Him with their lips, but their hearts were far from Him. We need to steer clear of this fatal disconnect between the heart and the mouth.

I have played golf since I was young. My Dad took me with him when he played after work, and when I was old enough, he let me begin by playing the par 3 holes. Later, I played often and took some lessons in the summer at Mystery Valley Golf Course. Eventually, I played one year on my high school golf team at Avondale High School. I was never a great golfer, but I could play. I would talk with people about golf, and they would boast about how well they could play. It sounded good until we went to the course and teed it up. Then, all could see that their talk was empty words.

It is so sad when this happens with people who claim to be Christians. They say they know the Lord, but there is no change in their hearts. They have no daily relationship with God. They rarely pray and never witness for Jesus. Yet, to hear them talk they are very close to the Lord. One day Jesus will have to say, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness."(Matthew 7:21-23) Please make sure your Christianity is more than talk. It must be the result of a changed heart that is surrendered to the Lord Jesus.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 30-32.

Popular Posts