Unexpected Blessings

God is a wonderfully loving Father, who showers us with blessings, some of which are very unexpected, to say the least. Jacob found this out in his life, when he came face to face with his son, Joseph, whom he thought he had lost. Instead of just getting to see his son again, he saw his two grandsons, who had been born while Joseph was in Egypt.(Genesis 48:11) What an unexpected blessing! Take some time to consider how God has blessed you with those kinds of blessings in your own life.

Please, allow me to give some examples from my life. God called me to preach when I was 17 years old, while riding down Midway Road with my best friend, Jim Lingerfelt. That was a great blessing, but it was only the tip of the iceberg. Later that year, God introduced me to my future wife Chris, who is not only a loving wife, but an awesome pastor's wife. Now, we have been married for 40 years, and it has been a little bit of heaven on earth, as we have followed the Lord together. He has met our needs and blessed us with 3 wonderful children, who have blessed us with 6 grandchildren, so far. God led me to serve in 6 churches, all of which have been a great blessing for us, even though we have had our ups and downs. Now, I have been pastor of North Henry Baptist Church for 14 years. I get to pastor my parents and a church full of loving people who want to do God's will. If anyone had told me all of this when I was 17 years old at my calling to the ministry, I would have said that it was too good to be true. However, God is the God of unexpected blessings, and I have had more than my share and far beyond what I deserve. I praise Him for His abundant love and kindness to me!

Now, what kind of testimony do you have of God's unexpected blessings? Be sure and share them with others, so God can get all of the glory.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 50 and Exodus 1-3.

Popular Posts