Shine !

We live in a very dark world now, and the closer we get to the end of this world, the darker it is going to be. Daniel gives us a series of prophecies about the end times in these final chapters. Then, he tells us that we can shine in this dark world, if we will do two things. In fact. we can shine forever, if we will do one of them.(Daniel 12:3) I think we need to take note of these two characteristics, don't you?

The wise will shine like the sky on a very sunny day. Sometimes, when I go out, I can't even look at the sky without sun glasses it is so bright. God says that if we exhibit His wisdom in what we say and what we do, we will shine that way in this world. People will take notice. They will see the difference. If they disagree with God's wisdom, at least, we can show them the truth in all of its glory. They won't be able to say they never saw it, when they stand before the Lord. Also, those who turn many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever. Notice, it says "many." God wants us to shine forth the message of the Gospel so brightly that we can influence many people to turn away from sin and turn to the Lord and His righteousness. I envision Him saying that the more people we see turn to Him the brighter we will shone. Why is that? God is not willing that any should perish. He never takes pleasure in the death of those who do not know Christ. His heart is glad to see us turn many to righteousness, so they can spend eternity in Heaven, instead of the darkness of Hell.

I want to shine. I do not want to be dull. I want to stand out and lead people to the light by shining out the light of the Lord. What about you? I pray that the members of NHBC have been shining already so we can see souls turned to righteousness this week in our revival services. I pray that we will bring a smile to God's face, and He will cause us to shine for Him forever.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Hosea 1-3.

Popular Posts