God's Perfect Provision

Sometimes, God provides for our needs in a supernatural way. The manna He gave the Hebrews in the wilderness is a great example. However, most of the time He provides for us in a much more natural way.(Joshua 5:12) In both instances we need to understand that we are receiving God's provision for our needs, not just when He does it in a supernatural way.

God fed the Hebrews when it was impossible for them to feed themselves. Then, He brought them into the Promised Land. The day they ate of the produce of the land, the manna ceased. God provided the Promised land to meet their needs in a wonderful way, "a land that flowed with milk and honey." God was gracious in His provision in both of these ways.

I have seen people healed from cancer and other diseases by God's supernatural touch. In my case He used surgery to remove my cancer. Both are equally God's provision. The same goes for money. I have had people hand me money out of the blue to meet a need, but most of the time, He has given me the ability to receive what I need from my church position and other jobs. Both are His blessings. We must see what God is doing and praise Him equally for His supernatural provisions and His natural provisions for us and for our families. We must remember that most of the time, He does not give us a supernatural provision, when we have the ability to meet those needs through the gifts and abilities He has given us.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Joshua 7-10.  

Popular Posts