Life is Great; Death is Better!

Most people dread death. I hear people say that it is a good day, because they are above ground. Believe me, I know where they are coming from, but it is still a misplaced sentiment. Yes, life in Christ is fantastic, but by any measure, death is so much better for any believer.(Philippians 1:21)

I do not want to leave me family and friends. I love them, and I want to be here for them. However, they are not the focus of my life. For me, to live is Christ. He gave me life. I owe Him my life, and I live for Him every day. I know that when I die, He has prepared a place for me that is perfect and complete, beyond anything I can imagine. I get to see Him there and enjoy His blessings for eternity. Nothing here compares to heaven.

I believe our witness to others would be much stronger, if we would straighten out our thinking, so that we show our assurance of salvation and our steadfast hope of heaven to come. After all, this ain't it. We are citizens of heaven. Eternity is reality. Let's rejoice that our eternity is secure in Christ.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Philippians 4 and Colossians 1-2.

Popular Posts