Building the Wall for the Battle Against Sin

One of my responsibilities as a pastor is to speak forth God's Word like a prophet against sin and Satan. I have found that people don't appreciate that part of my role as much as the more positive elements of ministry. However, it is a very important part of what God has called me to do. God declared His anger against the prophets of Israel when they failed to obey Him and to build a strong wall to protect the people from the attacks of Satan.(Ezekiel 13:4,5) I do not want to be a false prophet and receive God's punishment for being unfaithful.

Satan is a very smart and powerful enemy, even though he is nothing compared to God. He is a master at attacking people with the temptations to sin and rebel against God. We all need to have a strong spiritual wall, so we can withstand the attacks and push him and his demons back. The Whole Armor of God is part of that wall, but also, we need a fortified mind that is renewed by the Holy Spirit to understand sin and to resist it in God's power. My responsibility is to teach, preach, and warn people to identify the sins. Then, I show how to build a strong wall for them to win the battle every time they are confronted by our enemy.

Please, realize we are all in a spiritual war. Do not underestimate our enemy. Listen to God's Word, and be ready for whatever the devil throws at you.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 16-18.

Popular Posts