I Will Carry You

I like to tell people that getting old is not for sissies. It is a great time of life, but it has it's distinct challenges. Along with the gray hair comes a lot of aches and pains. I still seem to have plenty of energy, but I find myself going slower than before, whether I am running or walking. I am glad that God knows all of our needs, and He is there to carry us and to deliver us when we need Him so much.(Isaiah 46:4)

The same God who lovingly forms us in our mother's womb watches us grow old. He does not leave us or forsake us. On the contrary, He knows every gray hair on our head. Each challenge of our older years is another opportunity to be strong in the Lord and the power of His might. He is the one who gives us each day and the grace to live it.

I was looking at pictures tonight for a while. I saw black hair on my head. I saw youth and vigor. However, looking back reminds me of how many ways that God has carried me through the years. I can remember all of the things from which He has delivered me. The truth is that He has always been there for me and that will never change. I will change, but He never changes. He is able to carry me, and He delights in delivering me. I can't wait to see what the rest of life brings, because I know He walks with me all the way.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 47-49.


Popular Posts