The Call Of God

Moses had a very unusual experience in the desert with his sheep. He saw a bush that was burning, but it was not consumed. When he turned aside to see what was happening, God spoke to him. God knows how to get our attention, doesn't He? How did He get your attention? He reveals Himself to us all, but some of us don't turn aside to listen to Him.

When God calls, He is very specific. He told Moses He would send him to Pharaoh to bring the children of Israel out of Egypt.(Exodus 3:10) That was a daunting task. In fact, no human could do that on his own. It had to be done in God's power. When God calls, He always supplies the directions and the power. None of us can be saved from our sins, except by His power. No one can accomplish anything He calls us to do without His power. The great thing is that we can count on Him to supply whatever we need.

Moses made many excuses why he could not be the one to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. He did not stop to consider with Whom he was speaking. He was hearing from the Creator of the universe, and the God who created him in his mother's womb. It wasn't very smart for Moses to argue with God, and it is not smart for us either. Finally, Moses agreed to go. It wasn't easy, but He trusted God. He was in for the ride of His life.

When God calls, I hope you will listen. He called me to trust Him as Lord of my life many times, and finally, when I was 14, I quit making excuses. It has led to a life beyond all of my expectations. Then, when I was 17, He gave me a clear call to be a preacher. I can't imagine doing anything else. My life has not been easy, but it has been blessed. That is what matters the most.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 6-8.

Popular Posts