My Church Family

It is such a blessing to be the pastor of a church where I am part of the family. I talk to a lot of pastors, and I observe other churches. It seems that many times the pastor is the CEO of the church. He is over the "lay people." However, he isn't really one of them. He is "Ordained." That model of ministry has always turned me off. I have done my best to tell people that I am Stan. If you want to call me "Brother Stan" or "Pastor Stan" that is fine with me, but it is not necessary. I am a part of the body of Christ. I am a member of the family. Yes, I have been called and gifted to be a shepherd or pastor, but that is just my function in the body. Each member has a function, and we are all important.

The goal is to do God's will. The purpose is to fulfill the Great Commission. The object is to live by the Great Commandment. It takes us all to do these things, not just a few. I love the fact that NHBC really believes that. We aren't perfect, but we want to serve the Lord and do what it takes to see people come to Christ, while we love each other and the folks around us. I am so thankful for my church family.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Acts 2-4.

Popular Posts