Reading About My Wife

This morning I made it to Proverbs 31 in my journey through the Bible this year. The book of Proverbs is full of much wisdom, but it also contains something else. The final chapter has a description of my wife, Chris. Yes, it is not only a description of her, but it is a portrait of every godly wife in the world.

Each year when I get to this point in my reading and many times throughout the year, I stop to consider how blessed I am to have found the godly wife God had prepared for me. To say that her worth is far above rubies, surely is an understatement. Next to knowing Christ, Chris has been my greatest blessing. I can't imagine all that she has contributed to my happiness and my well-being during our years together. My ministry would not have been the same without her wisdom and service with me. Her touch made our house a home, and I am sure our children have risen up to bless her often.

Really, I do not have to tell any of you why I am saying these things. Chris' life and her works are well known. Her strength is amazing. Her love is abundant. I am blessed, and I pray that the Lord will bring many blessing to her.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ecclesiastes 2-4.

Popular Posts