God's Presence

My verses for today were Exodus 33:14,15. I can really relate to Moses. I don't ever want to go anywhere, if God's Presence doesn't go with me. It is like a day without the sun or a night without any warmth. His Presence makes all the difference.

I think back over the times I have gathered with believers for worship. Thankfully, most of those times His Presence was with us, because He promises to be where two or three are gathered in His name. However, I have been there when God was conspicuously absent. It is a horrible experience, devoid of worship. How can we worship Him if He will not even grace us with His Presence?

I have prayer walked down streets in the USA and around the world. Yes, the Lord's Presence was with me, but He was nowhere to be found in the neighborhood. There were no other believers. There were not even any hearts longing to know Him. Instead, there were idols all around, whether they were the idols of materialism or man-made objects of worship. It is a desolate feeling to be in those places.

However, God is quick to rush to the place where His name is proclaimed or a prayer is raised. That is why we must prayer walk, and we must lift up His name in the darkness. When people feel the warmth and see the light of His Presence, they are drawn to Him. Think of the father of the Prodigal son in the parable. Watch Him run to His son who is returning home with a repentant heart. That is a picture of God for us. He loves to be present with us when our hearts are right with Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 36-38.

Popular Posts