Reading the Christmas Story

This evening Jacob came over to me with a book and said, "Read." It was a fairly long children's book about the real meaning of Christmas. He was very still and quiet as I read the whole book. I believe He understood that God gave us Christmas.

I hope you have a tradition to read the Christmas story from the Bible as a part of your Christmas activities. It really makes a difference when we stop to remember the miracle of God taking on human flesh for our salvation. The least we can do is to slow down and read it once again.

For those few moments we can recapture the wonder of that silent night. We can put ourselves in the place of Mary, Joseph, and the shepherds. We can be filled with awe as they were. That is what Christmas is all about. It is especially important for our children and our grandchildren to realize these things, so they get a clear picture of the real meaning of Christmas.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Peter 2-3 and I John 1.

Popular Posts