Focusing on Jesus

I hope you have a regular time to spend with the Lord each day. I know that if you have been able to cultivate a way for you to focus on the Lord that it has been a great blessing to you. However, when I speak to people who are having serious problems, it is evident to me that they are unable to set their minds and hearts on Him. They are so focused on their problems that they are immobilized by fear and frustration. Even as I counsel them to pray and to read the Word of God, their minds go right back to people with whom they are having trouble. This cycle must be broken for them to find peace and contentment in the Lord.

Please remember, if we focus on our problems, they seem so big, and God seems so small. However, if we focus on the Lord and His power and love, our problems seem very small. Which do you want? The only way to keep God and your problems in the proper perspective is to spend time focusing on the Lord Jesus. He is the full manifestation of God to us, and He loves you very much.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Corinthians 6-8.

Popular Posts