August 17, 1974

Thirty-Six years ago today I was preparing for my wedding day. I had just recently returned to Atlanta from Waco, Texas where I had finished the summer semester at Baylor. I could not wait to get home and marry the "girl" the Lord had designed for me.

I don't remember much about that day. I know we rehearsed, because you have to rehearse for a wedding. I do remember the very nice Rehearsal Dinner my parents gave us at the Plantation House Restaurant near Stone Mountain. It was great to have our families and our friends with us for our wedding. It was a Saturday, because we were married on a Sunday afternoon, which is kind of unusual.

I am going to enjoy today and tomorrow as Chris and I reflect upon what God has done. There is no other explanation for our lives and our marriage. He gets all of the credit. We were too young, and we did not know what we were doing, but we knew Him, and we knew it was His will for us to be married, so it all came down to trusting Him. For all these years and in every way He has been and continues to be more faithful than I can imagine. Thank You Lord for Your grace and guidance and for Your every provision. You are Wonderful!

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 9-11.

Popular Posts