Praise the Lord

I have said for a long time that the best place to be is in the center of God's will, wherever that might be. I am so thankful that God has brought me to be the pastor of North Henry Baptist Church. Our church family is such a blessing to me. I want to give you a few reasons why I am praising God and thanking God this evening for our church.

We had a Father/Son Camp-out for men and young men this weekend. Over 50 men and boys went to the mountains for some Christian fellowship and evangelism. It is great to have leaders I can count on to have a spiritual time and touch lives. It is great to have Jacque and the Worship Team back at the church, so we could carry on just like usual. What a blessing!

The students had a unique time tonight called "God and Games." Steve Smith, our Associate Pastor, and his wife, Amanda, are so good to have fun with our youth, but to still challenge them to grow in the Lord. It is so great that they can think outside of the box and come up with new ideas for fellowship and discipleship.

Finally, I received an email from a pastor friend who was fired from his church this summer, and the reason was his desire to minister to black people and different ethnic groups living around their church. My heart is crushed for him, but I am so thankful that we have a church where anyone can come and be welcomed into our fellowship, no matter their skin color or ethnic background. It is a little taste of Heaven every week.

Thanks again for having me as your pastor. You are a great blessing to me.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 23-25 and Philippians 1.

Popular Posts