Too Tired for Easter

As Christians we need to be missionaries to our communities, so we need to think of every way possible to introduce our neighbors to the gospel of Jesus Christ. It seems to me that Easter is an excellent opportunity to do just that by inviting people to the Easter services in our community and at our church. I have been encouraging everyone to be intentional about doing that this year. I wonder how it will be this Sunday? Will we have a lot of new people because of the efforts of our church family, or will we be too tired from our activities to spend the time inviting other people? I pray that I am wrong, but I sense that most people are too busy with Spring Break to focus on Easter much less their neighbors.

I am not discouraged, but I am making an observation. I wonder how this makes Jesus feel? He gave His life for us on the Cross. He shed His blood for us. One time a year the Christian community remembers His sacrifice, but many are too busy to give it much thought. I hope it is not discouraging to Jesus.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Samuel 13-14 and Luke 10:1-24.

Popular Posts