The Light at the End of the Tunnel

This morning I went over to our new worship center, which it seems like we have been constructing forever. (It hasn't been that long, but it seems that way to me.) I ran into our construction manager, Matt. He was taking pictures to prepare for the final touch up by the painters. He told me that the final inspections could be done by next Tuesday. I did not jump up and down and scream, but I did have a wonderful sensation at that moment. Maybe the process is almost over.

I went outside only to see the folks testing the new sewer pipe. The church has been desiring to hook into the sewer for about the last 10 years. The Lord finally worked it out for us. This afternoon, the new worship center was connected to the sewer and tomorrow, the rest of the lines for the other buildings will be connected, too. What a fantastic thing the Lord has done for us. We don't have to be concerned about septic tanks backing up any more.

Then, I walked into the new worship center, and they were testing the new sound system. It was great to hear the full sound fill the room so well. I just sat and soaked it in for a minute. "Yes, we are about to move in," I thought to myself. It has been such a long struggle with so many elements, but God has given us the strength and the resources to see it through. I give Him all of the praise. I am so tired of being occupied with building details, when I want to be occupied with spiritual details and people details. Now, I can see that the time is coming when that will once again be possible. It is a wonderful feeling.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 123-125 and I Corinthians 10:1-18.

Popular Posts