Genuine Fellowship With God

Today, I spoke on the Biblical meaning of the word fellowship in I John 1:3. I am not going to go over the message again. I just want to emphasize the importance of our fellowship with God, the Father, and with the Lord Jesus Christ. Life is to be lived in unison with God, not in separation from Him. Walking with God in fellowship should be as natural for a believer, as having close human friendships. He is our best friend, as well as our Lord. It is unthinkable that a believer would ignore Jesus and forsake having fellowship, but it happens. I can't imagine how Jesus feels when he longs to fellowship with us and we say no to Him. It must hurt Him very much after He died to make it possible. He died for us out of love, too. Have you ever had someone you love reject you or reject spending time with you? It is very disheartening, isn't it? I believe that is how it is for Jesus. Then, we wonder why he doesn't jump when we ask Him to help us with something. If we don't want fellowship, why should He help us? Let's make it a point to work on having a much closer fellowship with God. Let's fall in love with Jesus over and over again.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 119:1-88 and I Corinthians 7:20-40.

Popular Posts