Fasting and Prayer

It is clear that God calls on His people to fast and pray in important situations. All through the Bible this is true, both in the Old Testament and in the New Testament. It is a special way to focus on God and His will. It shows the Lord how serious we are about needing His answer and His blessing.

Twice in my life God called me to fast and pray for 40 days. In both instances He blessed in a wonderful way. His will was done, and it was even miraculous. I am not recommending that you fast for 40 days. Only if God calls you to that type of fast should you do it. However, I believe He honors shorter fasts, too.

This afternoon in our anniversary sharing time at NHBC I called on our church family to fast and pray on Tuesdays. I believe God is calling us to fasting and prayer for our church family as we move into our new worship center, and as we move into a new phase in the life of our church. It is exciting, but it is challenging. It is more than we can do by ourselves. God loves for us to put ourselves in those situations, if He has led us there. That way He can get all of the glory. That is what I want. I want to see God work in such a way that people will praise Him, and many people will be saved. Is that what you want? If so, please, join me in this fast on Tuesdays for the next several months or even a year. Let's continue as God leads us, and let's see what He does as we are faithful to Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 100-102 and I Corinthians 1.

Popular Posts