Celebrating Being Married

Today, Chris and I are celebrating the 34th anniversary of our wedding. Actually, every day is a type of celebration for us, because we praise the Lord that He brought us together. She is the perfect mate for me. It is a tribute to the goodness and grace of God. He knew exactly what I needed, and He gave it to me. Now, let me say that we are not alike in many ways. There are many ways that she completes me, and she is much better than me in many areas. However, we celebrate the fact that our differences are there to cause us to be more like Jesus.

Part of our anniversary was to spend some quality time together. We do not do it out of obligation. We really enjoy being with each other and being able to talk with each other. I can't imagine anything being more satisfying than being with Chris. Thank you Lord for showing me that your design for marriage is wonderful. Thank you for a wife who is willing to be like Jesus. Thank you for every day we get to spend together.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 103-104 and I Corinthians 2.

Popular Posts