His Compassions Do Not Fail

It would be terrible to wake up in the morning and to feel like there was no reason to live, or that there was no possibility of anything good happening in your life that day. It is an existence of hopelessness that God never intended for anyone. No matter how ill we are or how depressed we may find ourselves, God has the meaning for our lives, and He longs to share it with us, so we can have hope, peace, and joy.

I have been through some pretty difficult situations in my life. In fact, I would not wish some of those situations on anyone. However, I can say that God never deserted me, and there was never a day that I woke up without realizing that He could bring something good in my life that day. God is a great friend, and He is completely faithful to those who know Him.

Lori and Jeff sent me another gift this week, too. They gave me a mug with one of my favorite passages of Scripture on it. Lamentations 3:22-23 is a wonderful blessing to me all of the time. It says, "Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your Faithfulness." Do you see what I mean? I am so thankful that Michael Claunch and the members of the Personnel Committee at Bayshore Baptist Church had the wisdom to put that on the painting they gave me, and I am so thankful that Lori and Jeff gave me this new mug with these verses. It helps me remember the faithfulness of God. I pray that all of you will constantly remember it, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 37-39 and Acts 26.

Popular Posts