Giving, instead of Receiving

Jesus made it clear that life is not supposed to be about what we can get for ourselves. Life is to be about how we can give to others. Paul gives us a quote of Jesus outside of the Gospels in Acts 20:35, "It is more blessed to give than to receive." I believe that accurately portrays what Jesus was trying to tell us by His life and ministry. He left Heaven for us, not thinking about His well-being or what He would receive. He came to give us life. He did not have to do that, but He did it because His nature is love, and love gives, instead of receives.

As much as I can, I want to live my life to help others find real life in Christ. I know that is God's will for every believer, and I can confidently say that selfishness is the opposite of Christianity. No one can be selfish and self-centered and be in the will of God. I know that is the opposite of American culture, but that is just the truth. Please, do whatever you can do to root out selfishness, and begin to follow Jesus in the way of giving yourself away. It is a wonderful life! It is the life of Christ. It is the Christian life.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 29-30 and Acts 23:1-15.

Popular Posts