Salvation truths

God spoke to my heart this morning as I read the account of Saul's conversion in Acts 9. I have read it many times, but it is very significant to me right now, because of some of the things I have been considering. I believe God had me to read it today for a reason.

When Saul was saved, he was involved in causing Christians to suffer. This morning I noticed that one of the first things Jesus told him after his salvation was that he was going to suffer for Him. That is ironic. He went from inflicting pain because of Jesus to receiving pain because of Jesus. The fact is, all true believers will suffer some persecution from the world.

God convinced Ananias to go to Saul, even though he was very scared of him, by sending him a vision. When he went to Saul, it was evident that he had changed. That is what salvation does to a person. It is not a gradual or imperceptible change. It is an obvious change. There are some things that change gradually, but the overall life is drastically changed. We see that because Saul began to preach immediately. He convinced people that Jesus was the Christ. In other words, he was a witness right after his conversion. He did not need a study course, and he did not wait to be baptized. God is ready to use new believers in a significant way.

So, what does all of that mean to you? What change came in your life when you were saved? How did God use you right after that time? Is He still using you, and are you still growing? I have to ask myself all of these questions, and I must seek to apply them to the folks I encounter who come to know Christ. I know that is why Jesus had me read this today.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 14-16 and Acts 9:23-43.

Popular Posts