God's Timing is Perfect

I have been having to deal with a lot of issues that relate to timing recently, especially on the construction of our new worship center. It can be very frustrating to work diligently to get something done by a deadline, and then to miss the deadline by no fault of your own. It is also very difficult to try to anticipate when something will be complete. Therefore, I have had to rely on the fact that God's timing is perfect. I keep reminding myself that as long as I do my best to trust the Lord and to obey Him, He will work it all out in His way and in His time. My timing doesn't really mean anything.

That is not just true of a building. It is true of everything all the time. We can do our best to work things out in our way and our timing, but that is counter-productive. The ways of a man lead to death. My ways are not God's ways. He knows what should be done and when. I am to be His obedient servant. Therefore, the main thing for me to consider is my obedience to Him. That is the key. As long as I am doing His will, He will take care of the rest. I pray that we all will live in that assurance and peace each day.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 3-4 and Acts 7:44-60.

Popular Posts