Genuine Worship

What is worship to you? Is it a service, or is it a verb? Of course, it is a verb. However, how do you know when you have genuinely worshiped God? I am sure it is different for each individual, but it is one of those things that when you do it, you know it. When you forget about yourself and those around you enough to focus on the Lord and give Him honor and praise, that is genuine worship. There are so many things that can hinder us from the real thing. We have to be careful to seek to worship the Lord in a worthy manner with all of our being. Then, we just might enter into genuine worship. It is very rewarding when that happens.

This morning we had genuine worship at NHBC. Jacque laid out a group of songs that were well thought out and very much flowed together. The prayer time was meaningful, and the Spirit spoke through the Word of God. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to me to have that kind of worship in my church. I know it honors God, and He is blessed by our worship. God inhabits the praises of His people, so we can expect Him to show up when we worship in a genuine way. I pray that we will have that type of genuine worship every Sunday. The truth is that it does not depend on Jacque or Lee. It does not depend on the songs or the praise team. It depends on each of us. When we worship together with a genuine heart of worship, then, real worship happens. I pray that we will set our hearts on that each week.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 7-9 and John 6:22-44.

Popular Posts