Cat Hairs

I told you about my cat, Pumpkin. She loves me. She loves to rub up against me when I come home in my truck. She knows the sound, so she comes out and greets me, rubbing a whole bunch of her hairs on my pants. When she is hungry, she comes and rubs against me, leaving a bunch more hairs on my clothes. It is her mark. I think.

This morning I had to start my day pretty early, so I got dressed before I had my unhurried time with the Lord. She came and jumped in my lap to pray and to read the Bible with me like she does many mornings. This time she covered my shirt with her hairs. I had to use two sheets on one of those pet hair removers to get most of them off before leaving the house.

As I was driving around today, the Lord put a thought in my mind. I wonder how often I rub up against the Lord to let Him know I love Him. I wonder how often I go to Him when I need to feed on His Word, and I rub on His feet. I wonder how often I jump into His lap and enjoy His presence in prayer. I pray that the Lord is covered with my "cat hairs." I am sure He would never mind wiping them off, because each one says "I love you, and I need you." What about you? How many of your "cat hairs" does the Lord have on Him each day? It is something to make us think.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 13-15 and John 7:1-27.

Popular Posts