Hot Water and Tea

The Lord has continued to speak to my heart about the trials of life and enduring by faith in Him. This morning He reminded me about what hot water does for tea. The hot water brings out the flavor of the tea. In fact, without the hot water we can't enjoy the wonderful taste of the tea at all, so the hot water is a blessing when it comes to the tea. Then, I noticed that the hotter the water the better. I like to drink spiced Chai tea sometimes. If I just put warm or barely hot water on the tea, it does not bring out the rich flavor nearly as much as when I put boiling water on it.

That is a great picture of what we should be like as Christians. The "hot water" situations of life should unlock the sweet flavor of the Lord in our hearts for all to see and hear. The hotter the water the more people should be able to see the difference between us and those who don't know Christ. I think we should be thankful for the hot water times of life and let God shine through us at those times. (James 1:3-4) I hope you all have a wonderful day in the Lord.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Judges 1-3 and Luke 4:1-30.

Popular Posts