A Great Privilege

This afternoon I was privileged to speak to one of the boys who accepted Christ during the Strength Team Crusade. I am happy to report that he was very serious about his decision to follow Christ as Savior and Lord. I walked him through the Gospel, asking him a variety of questions and explaining what it means to become a Christian. I was able to clarify a few things for him, but it appeared that he knew what he was doing when he came forward and prayed to receive Christ at the crusade. I gave him a Bible to read, and I explained how to grow as a believer. He soaked it all in. Then, he said,"Let me get something out of my book bag." He came back with his Scripture memory cards from his Good News Club at Smith Barnes Elementary School and showed them to me proudly. They were precious to him, so I went over several of them, and I told him that they were just what we were talking about. His smile and satisfaction in knowing that he was right with God was priceless.

No matter how many times I get to do that, it is one of the greatest privileges I have in life. For a few moments I have the ability to deal with someone about their eternal destiny and to try to ensure that they have been saved from their sin by grace through faith. It is the most important and loving thing anyone can ever do for another person. I am glad that I had that great privilege today. I hope you have the same privilege yourself very soon.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Judges 4-6 and Luke 4:31-44.

Popular Posts