August 28, 2006 - Psalms 123-125 and I Corinthians 10:1-18

I love the word picture in Psalm 123. We are to look to the Lord constantly like a servant looks to the hand of his or her master. We are to look for the slightest movement, the slightest desire, so we can respond to meet that desire. Our hearts are not to satisfy ourselves, but our Master. I pray that all of us would cultivate those kind of eyes for the Lord. Then, we see God's response to us in Psalms 124 and 125. When we look to Him, He protects us and He surrounds us. There is great comfort and stability in looking to the Lord.

Then, in I Corinthians 10 we are reminded that all of the events in the Old Testament are examples for us. They show us what sins we can fall into, and they show us God's response to our sins. As we read them, we realize that God wants us to flee from sin, but if we are tempted He will give us a way to escape the sin and to do His will. (v.13) That should be a wonderful reason to read His Word, and to look to the Lord for our way out of temptations and trials.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 126-128 and I Corinthians 10:19-33.

Popular Posts