Everything will be OK
We hear so many negative testimonies from people who are having troubles and living in defeat. It can be depressing. It can make us think that God is not there for us to help us in our times of need. We need to hear the positive testimonies of those who are going through troubles, but they are living in victory. That is very much what God wants for all of us. He never wants us to be harmed by our trials. He wants us to get stronger and overcome.
It is so great to read Micah's testimony here at the end of his book of prophecy to God's people. There were all kinds of problems going on around him and even those attacking him, but he was still doing well. (Micah 7:7,8) "As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and My God will certainly hear me. Don't gloat over me, my enemies. For though I fall, I will rise again. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light." I believe that God wants each of us, as believers, to be able to proclaim the same kind of testimony that Micah had.
Of course, anyone who is not looking to the Lord for help will live in defeat. We must not try to trust our own ability or trust in other people. We must look to the Lord for help every day, all day long. Then, we can wait confidently for Him to save us, and He will hear us. The question is "Are we really depending on the Lord fully, and are we confident that He will deliver us when we need deliverance?" If we have living faith, we will live that way each and every day, and God will be there for us.
Yes, we will still have enemies and troubles. Sometimes our enemies might be effective in causing us some harm. We might be knocked down, but since we are depending on God. He will see us and lift us up again. We may be going through a season of darkness, where we don't know exactly what to do, but if we keep looking to the Lord, He will be our Light at the right time. He will show us what to do and how to do it. In short, if we live by faith in God, we will still have trials, but everything will be OK, because our God will see us through here in this world, or He will take us to heaven to be with Him. Either way, everything will be OK.
Tomorrow, I intend to read Nahum 1-3.