Our Special Possession
I am so blessed because God has enabled me to own a nice home and to have almost two acres of land. It has a lot of trees and green grass that make it so pleasant. I also have other possessions. God worked it out for me to have my truck right when my other truck died. I enjoy driving it so much. Of course, I have other special possessions that mean a lot to me, things from my parents and grandparents, and things from Chris that I treasure. However, I have one special possession that is far greater than any of these things.
God had a unique relationship with the priests in the Old Covenant. They ministered to Him in the Temple, and He took very good care of them. (Ezekiel 44:28) "The priests will not have any property or possession of land, for I alone am their special possession." They did not own any land, but they had a security that was far greater than land. They had the Lord, and He was more than enough for whatever they might need or want. I believe we, as Christians, should have Jesus as our special possession today. Let me explain.
Like I said, I enjoy my possessions that God has given me. However, I do not derive my satisfaction from what they provide for me. My hope and my help comes from my relationship with Jesus. It has been that way for a long time. I did not make much money, but Jesus provided me with more than I could ever imagine because I trusted in Him. He gave me the perfect wife for me. Chris was a precious help mate for over 50 years, but I did not depend on her for my self-esteem or for my happiness. Those things came from my relationship with Jesus.
Therefore, I want to encourage each of us, as believers, to receive Jesus, not only as our Lord and Savior, but as our Special Possession, too. Let's treasure our relationship and His love for us above everything else in our life. Let's spend time in prayer and in the Word each day, so we can get to know our Special Possession better and better, and depend on Him more and more. Then, let's see if He doesn't do for us what He did for the priests by providing for us more than we would ever think possible.
#NHBaptistdotorg
Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 47-48 and Daniel 1.