A Very Precious Promise from God

 There are so many benefits from coming to know Jesus as our Lord and Savior. First and foremost, we have redemption and the forgiveness of our sins. We have eternal life with Lord in heaven when we die, or He comes to get us in the Rapture. We have abundant life here and now, as we stay close to Him and filled with His Spirit every day. Then, on top of all of that we have God's promise to be with us whatever happens during our time on this earth and to see us through. What a blessing!

God told His people Israel this promise in a very direct and reassuring way. (Isaiah 43:2) "When you go through the deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through the rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you." The greatest thing about this promise is that God makes it to His people over and over again in the Bible, so it applies to us, as believers, too.

I have crossed a river or two in my life. As I waded toward the other side, the water got deeper and deeper. I was afraid it might get too deep, and I would not be able to go back or make it to the other side. That is a scary experience. I have had similar life experiences when it seemed that I was getting into things that were over my head, but God was with me. I was able to go through those rivers of difficulty, and I did not drown because of His help. He did this for me too many times for me to count. God is so good!

I have been through the fire of oppression. I have had people who wanted me to be fired. They wanted to get rid of me, and they put great pressure on me and my family, but, praise God, we were not burned up. We prevailed because God was with us. The flames that Satan meant to consume us did not harm us, and we all came through the fire to be better people, not bitter people. That is God's precious promise to all of us who know Him and walk with Him through this life. We should all be so thankful to Him and tell everyone how He has been with us all the way.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 44-48.

Popular Posts