The Dawning of a New Day
Each morning when I wake up, I begin to pray. My first words to God are "Thank you, Lord, for today. Thank You for another day., another day to love you are to serve You, and another day to be loved by You and to be cared for by You." Those are my heart felt sentiments for each day, and I want to express it to my Lord. Then, I get up and get ready to do my brisk walking. This time of year, the dawn begins to break about the time I am finishing my course. It is usually very beautiful, and it shows the power of God to all.
I believe Solo0mon must have seen this sight and marveled at it like I do. He was inspired by God to give us a right outlook on life as a whole. (Ecclesiastes 11:7) "Light is sweet; how pleasant to see a new day dawning." Even though Solomon wrote about all of the meaningless things that are in our lives here on earth, he saw something sweet in the light of each new day. I believe it is because each day is a gift from God, and we do not know how many more we will receive. We need to cherish the light of each day, and use each day to the fullest for the glory of God.
When we see a new day dawning that means we are alive. It means that we have the ability to enjoy all of the pleasures of life. Yes, we will have troubles, and there will be very difficult days during our time on earth. We must not focus on the troubles, but on the opportunities and the blessings of life. Life enables us to find our true love and to be married. We are able to have children and raise them to be godly adults with children of their own. Then, we have the sweetness of grandchildren. What blessings God gives us!
We are able to have friendships that last and last. Our friendships bring satisfaction to us and to our friends, as we relate well to each other and help each other. We are able to help others physically and spiritually, so that we see others flourish. Then, we have great memories of our family, friends, and associates. Each new day gives us the ability to pursue our calling from God and have the career He deigned for us. Then, on the last day of our life, we can look back and see all the marvelous things that God enabled us to experience before we go to be with Him in heaven, where He will be our Light forever.
#NHBaptistdotorg
Tomorrow, I intend to read Ecclesiastes 12 and Song of Solomon 1-2.