A Job Well Done

 I am a list person. I use my lists to make sure I remember to do all of the things I need to do. Also, I use lists to make sure I do each thing on the list the way it was supposed to be done. It can get a bit overwhelming at times, but it is wonderful to finish everything on the list and know that it was done well.

That is what happened when the people of Israel built the Tabernacle as the Lord had commanded Moses. (Exodus 39:42) The sons of Israel did all the work according to everything that the Lord had commanded Moses. Then, they were able to step back and admire their work, knowing it was a job well done.

I wonder if we, as Christians, today have the same work ethic that we see here in the sons of Israel? I pray that it is our goal, to do all of the work of the Lord that He has commanded us in His Word. I am afraid that many believers are not shooting for that goal. They are satisfied to do just enough to get by when it comes to the commands of the Lord.

Also, I wonder if we are being diligent to do everything just the way the Lord commanded it to be done? It is easy to be slack and do the job half way. However, I would remind us that one day God will inspect our work, and He will tell us if we did it up to His standards and if we did all we were commanded to do. That is when we want to hear "Well done" from our Lord.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 40 and Leviticus 1-2.

Popular Posts