The Power of the Lord

There are some days when I wake up and do my walking and my workout that I feel very sluggish, but other days I have more strength than usual. It is hard to discern why this happens, but it does. The same is true with the spiritual power to do the work of the Lord. Some days it doesn't seem to be with me, while on other days, it is in abundance.

The believers who went to Antioch from Cyprus and Cyrene preached the Word of God to the Gentiles. (Acts 11:21) The power of the Lord was with them, and a large number of the Gentiles believed and turned to the Lord. That is exactly what we need to see happen today.

What can we do, as believers, to have the power of the Lord come upon us in a special way? I believe there are several things that God might choose to honor when He sees us doing them. The first thing is for us to have our hearts fixed on Him and to have a great burden for the people who need the Lord. Our hearts must be clean and right with God.

Also, we must be filled with the Holy Spirit, and He will give us the power of the Lord, as we obey God. This means we must surrender to the Spirit and let Him take control of us, showing us where to go, what to say, and what to do. Then, when we act, the power of God will be with us to accomplish God's will in a special way.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Acts 12-15.


Popular Posts