Winning the Victory over Our Enemies

 We all have enemies. It is just a part of life. We can be as nice as we can possibly be, but there will be someone who comes against us for some reason. In fact, their opposition might not have anything to do with us. They may just be aggressive people who are against almost everyone. Therefore, since we are limited in what we can do to protect ourselves and to come out victorious, we need help. Yes, we can get the help of other people, and that is good. We all need friends and those who will support us in times of conflict. However, the One we need most is the Lord. (Deuteronomy 20:4) Moses made sure the Israelites knew this truth and remembered it, as they went into Canaan to fight against their enemies. The Lord was with them to fight for them against all enemies. He was the One who would give them victory over their enemies. The same is true for us today.

One of the best things about being a Christian is having the Lord to walk beside us all of the time. He is there to give us counsel, if we will just pray without ceasing about everything and everyone we encounter on a daily basis. He is there with His mighty right hand to lift us up and even deliver us from those who would harm us. Then, in the event that it does come to a fight, God is there to fight for us. Now, that is a comforting realty. I have seen it happen so often. I have been in situations over which I had no control, and I had enemies who wished to do me harm. However, God stepped up for me. He fought for me in ways that I would never have even imagined possible. He gave me the victory, and I came out on top of very strong enemies, because of My God's assistance. I know we all can give that testimony, if we will just stop and think back about the hard times in our life and how God has been so, so good to us.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Deuteronomy 22-24.

Popular Posts