Finish the Course

 Every morning, Monday though Friday, I walk a brisk 3.2 mile course around my home. Yesterday morning, it was more difficult because it was raining. I was holding the umbrella and my light to alert drivers to my location. At times, the rain was heavy, and other times, it almost let up. However, I was determined to finish the course and get home to a dry warm place. I am glad to say that I made it by God's grace and strength. This came to mind when I read about Paul's testimony to Timothy. (II Timothy 4:6,7) Paul was in prison in Rome, and his death was quickly approaching. He told Timothy that he had fought the good fight, he had finished the course, and he had kept the faith. I pray that we will all be able to say the same thing when we come to the end of our life on this earth and go to our heavenly home.

God has a course for each of us to run in our Christian life. We do not get to pick the way. We follow our Lord's plan. We are to follow it from start to finish. This takes daily diligence to seek His will and to listen to the Spirit's directions. All the way, we have to live by the Word of God, which contains the rules we need to know. We must fight the good fight by doing everything God's way, not our way. Of course, we must operate by faith in the Lord and keep the faith once delivered to the saints. If we are determined to live out our life like that, we will be able to say what Paul said. We fought the good fight, finished the course, and kept the faith. That is a picture of a life well lived.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Titus 2-3 and Philemon.

Popular Posts