A Private Audience with God

David's reign was full of troubles. He was constantly having to fight wars against the peoples in the region. He had those who rebelled against his leadership. David had all types of critics. All of this caused him to describe his world as a "hostile world." Because of that hostility he cried out to God, and God heard him from His palace in heaven. God brought him right into His presence, so he was able to have a private audience with God. (II Samuel 22:7) Now, that is an amazing experience, but it was not unique to King David. Believers today can have the very same experience.

Every morning I have what I call an "unhurried time with God." I go to the Lord and call out to Him in prayer, and we have a conversation. I tell Him what is on my heart, and I listen for what He has on His heart. I lift up the needs around me in this hostile world of today, and I know God hears and responds according to His will. How is this possible? God is not limited by time or space, so He can be with each of us 100%, giving each person His complete attention. Then, when we humble ourselves and cry out to Him from a clean heart, we are able to go into His presence and enjoy a private audience with Him. We have to be very sincere, and we have to be submitting to His will. He sees our heart, and He yields Himself to those who have pure hearts, so they can see God. We will not see a form or body, but we will be very aware of Him being with us and know what He is saying to us. Then, when we see His answers to our prayers, we must be very thankful, because God honors thankful hearts, too. I pray that all of us will have a private audience with God on a regular basis, so we can enjoy the peace of His presence.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Samuel 24 and I Kings 1-2.

Popular Posts