Thirsty for God

As I sit here right now. I am thirsty for a drink of water or some other cool refreshment that will quench my physical thirst. It is a daily need. In much the same way I am thirsty for God right now. There is a desire to have fellowship with Him that is so close and refreshing that all of my spiritual needs are fully met. I find that I have that thirst every morning and off and on through the day, because I need the Lord all of the time. The Lord Jesus is the Only One who can give me the spiritual refreshment to make life full of meaning and significance. The psalmist had realized this truth, too, and he expressed it so well. (Psalm 42:1,2) Let's use his testimony to challenge us.

How much do you long for God? Is there is a thirst for the Lord like a deer thirsting for a nice clear flowing stream? That is the kind of thirst we will have when we truly know the Lord and know how He can really meet our needs. Just like the difference between stagnant water and a flowing steam, our Lord is the Living God. He is eternal and always abundantly able to supply us from His riches. Nothing in this stagnant world can do that. Therefore, we will long to appear before Him and enjoy His presence often. If that thirst is not in your life, I pray you will seek the Lord. Ask Him to show Himself to you, and then, submit to the Lord Jesus Christ. He will quench the thirst in your heart and give you great peace.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 43-46.

Popular Posts