The Greatest Physician

There are a lot of wonderful doctors in this world. I have had my share who helped me, and they were used by God to bring healing to my body. I have had liver cysts, prostate cancer, a hernia, and a heart that would stop for various lengths of time. I had wise and talented doctors who were able to fix what was wrong. However, none of those things was the worst ailment I ever had. It was not a physical sickness or injury, but a spiritual sickness, and there was only One Person who could heal me of that. (Mark 2:17) Jesus is truly the Greatest Physician of all.

Sin is a fatal disease. Without the application of the blood of Christ, there is no cure for it. Sin does not just kill you physically, but the death that comes from sin is eternal. Surely, the greatest healing is when our sins are washed away, and we are made clean. Then, we have life that is eternal, and we get to live it with the Greatest Physician in the most spectacular place ever created. That is why I hope we all hear what Jesus said to the people in Mark 2:17. He came for the sick. He came to be the Physician to intervene in their lives. We all fall into that category, and we can all benefit from His cleansing power, but we have to admit that sin is our fatal disease, turn away from it, and put our trust in Him as Lord and Savior. Then, the Greatest Physician comes with healing in His hands. I pray that all of us have experienced His touch, and we know that because of His sacrifice and salvation for us, we will never die.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Mark 3-5.

Popular Posts