My Favorite Food

What food do you like to eat? I think we all have our favorites. Why do you like that particular food? What does it do for you? Well, Jesus made a statement about His food that might be a surprise to many of us. He said that His food was to do God's will and finish His work.(John 4:34) What in the world did Jesus mean by that?

Food should be eaten to give us energy and proper nutrition, so that we can be healthy. I know we enjoy some foods that are eaten mainly for the taste, but I hope most of us would agree that we should not eat just for that reason. Therefore, I believe Jesus was saying that doing God's will energized Him, and that doing God's will made Him healthy spiritually. I am sure that He enjoyed doing God's will, too.

I have noticed when I do what God calls me to do that I get a blessing from it. It may take time and energy, but after I am done, I feel better than before I started. Also, I know that I grow in the Lord much more by doing His work than by studying. I enjoy doing God's will, and there is nothing I would rather do more than that. I pray that all of us know the benefits of doing God's will and how it is like food for us. If not, try it. I think you will like it.

Tomorrow, I intend to read John 5-7.

Popular Posts