Praise the Lord!

Well, we finished reading Psalms for another year this morning. I hope it was a blessing for each of you. I wonder how many times we read, "Praise the Lord?" I did not look up the answer; I am just thinking that it was a lot of times. So, how are we doing? How much time do we spend praising Him every day? I believe it is a critical command to obey constantly.(Psalm 150:6)

I am not talking about thanking the Lord for what He has done. I am talking about praising Him for who He is. Yes, there are some fabulous things He has done, like creating the whole universe, like providing redemption for the sins of the whole world. and we praise Him for those things, because they show who He is. He is the Creator of all things. He is the Redeemer. However, the critical thing is just having a heart that is set on praising the Lord, because when that happens, we are constantly remembering how great He is and how He can handle anything that might come into our lives at any time. This is the right frame of mind to live the Christian life. That is why we should spend considerable time praising the Lord.

Therefore, think about your prayer time and your prayers throughout the day. How much praise is there? If it is lacking, do whatever it takes to become a person who constantly praises the Lord. It will change your life, and it will change the lives of those around you, as they hear about the Lord and how much He means to you.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 1-4.

Popular Posts