The Indispensable Christ

Life is not fair, but God is good. We have all heard that saying. I know there are different ways to look at it, but I believe that is true. We all have unique lives, and we can count on some bad things happening to us. It is not at all that God doesn't love us. The trials come to make us stronger. As the song says, "If I never had a problem, I wouldn't know that God could solve them."

Therefore, when life is unfair, God comes to our rescue, if we belong to Him. He is the Rock, upon which our life is founded. With Him as the foundation for our lives, no storm can destroy us. He is the Fortress we need to stand against the enemies, Satan, the world, and the flesh. When we flee to Him, we are safe from any attacks. He is our Deliverer. Whatever situation we may encounter, He has the way to succeed. He delivers us from "all evil" if we are trusting Him.(II Samuel 22:2)

David came to understand all of these things about the Lord. He experienced all of these things in his life. He also experienced the opposite, when he failed to trust Him. I pray that each of us have come to know Christ in these ways.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Kings 1-4.

Popular Posts