Wait on the Lord

Psalm 27:14 is so important for me. I usually want to charge ahead and get things done fast. I have had to learn over the years that fast is not always better. In fact, it is not good at all, when I don't ask the Lord for His way first. Sometimes, when I ask Him, He takes His time in answering. Then, it is tempting to go ahead, anyway. It is a constant challenge to wait on the Lord.

However, I can understand why waiting on the Lord strengthens my heart. I have to trust Him more. I have to spend more time in communion with Him, too. It is a process of learning that I am only strong when I am moving at His command, so my power comes from him.

I am getting better at waiting on the Lord, but it is a daily process. It starts in the morning with my unhurried time, and it lasts all day long. I pray that all of us can master waiting on the Lord.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 29-32.

Popular Posts