Being in Awe of God

We must never allow ourselves to lose our awe of God. It is good to have an intimate relationship with the Lord, but we must never forget that He is the Lord of the Universe, and we are His creation. He is our Father, but we are not His equals. Jesus is our Savior, who became a man, but He never ceased being Almighty God. We are to have an awe of the glory and power of God.

Also, we must always have an awe about coming into His presence. It is the greatest privilege to be able to commune with God. Only the blood of Jesus enables us to be fit to enter God's presence. His blood was shed for us out of His incredible love for us. Without Him and His sacrifice, we could never be worthy to know God and to approach His throne. However, now that we can come before Him, we must keep the awe. We must never take His sacrifice and love for granted.

Some people may want to serve a god that is like them. I do not want a god like me. I am so glad that the Sovereign Ruler of all is my God. I stand amazed that He would love me and want to be close to me. However, I am so glad He loves me like that. I never, ever want to forget His greatness and holiness. I want to stand in awe of Him every day.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Judges 13-15.
March 9 – Romans 12:2
Make the commitment to the Lord to not be conformed to this world. Instead, ask Him to transform your mind by the power of His Spirit and His Word, so that you can prove His perfect will for your life.

Popular Posts