God's Grace is Sufficient

II Corinthians 12:9 has been a very special verse for me for a long time. It didn't take long in my life to find out that I had more weaknesses than strengths. If I had a spell of pride about one of my strengths, God would make sure and bring me down to reality. I have found that His goal is for me to trust Him for everything, instead of trusting myself for anything. When I do that, He comes through in a great way.

This verse gives us the reason for what I have learned. God's strength is made perfect in weakness. When I am weak, then, His power can shine through, and He gets all of the glory, not me. That is when He really unleashes His strength for all to see. Therefore, just like Paul, I can glory in my weaknesses, for each one is an opportunity for God to show His strength in and through me. Once I realized this truth, it freed me from trying to be perfect myself. The only perfection I need is God's perfection working in me.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Galatians 1-3.

Popular Posts