Discerning God's Will

I have always had a difficult time in making serious decisions. I want to do God's will, but it is hard for me to see all of the aspects and problems. I tend to over analyze, and I take too long to make a decision. It is a weakness in my leadership. However, I am getting better with this the older I get and the closer I get to the Lord. Now, I can see things more clearly and more quickly than ever before.

The first thing I have learned is to pray about everything first. Then, make the decision. If I see a "red flag", ask God and others about it. I have to make sure I don't ignore, even the seemingly insignificant things, because they tend to get bigger over time. If I do not have peace in my heart about something, then I should not proceed, even if it is logical to go forward. These things have helped me come to a conclusion more quickly than before.

Also, it is amazing how God causes things to happen, which make His will clear. It is hard to explain, because I do not want to give specific examples here. However, it has happened more than once that someone would call me or say something to me in person that showed me the answer to my problem just when I needed to know. It can only be God and His desire to bless me, because I am looking for His way, not mine. I give Him all of the praise.

When I think back over all of the mistakes I have made in the past 35+ years, I am humbled that God still uses me. I am so glad that He is a forgiving God and His mercies are new every morning.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Joshua 18-20.

Popular Posts