Family Time

I am not sure if I mentioned that our whole immediate family is with us this weekend. Jeff and Lori arrived back from Texas on Wednesday evening, and John and Gao Foua arrived from visiting her brother just a little later that night. It is fantastic to have everyone here at the same time. What a blessing!

It has been great to speak with Jeff and Lori about their ministry in Japan. They truly have a heart for the Japanese people, and even though they like being here, they know the Lord has placed them in Japan for a reason. When I hear Lori speak about sharing the gospel with her neighbors, it thrills my heart.

Of course, Dixie and Jacob are with us all of the time. Dixie is doing well at work. She is a wonderful nurse, and she truly cares for her patients. The great thing now is to hear her give God the credit for what He is doing for her and Jacob. Her heart is set on the Lord and His will.

John and I went and played 18 holes of golf this morning before lunch. It was relaxing to play golf with him, but the best thing was sharing our ministry stories with each other. He told me how God worked on their mission trip and in Aliquippa. I shared with him how God was working in the lives of several people to whom I have had the privilege of ministering lately. We rejoiced together.

I am well aware that God has blessed me in a special way. I have 3 children who are on the same spiritual wave length with my wife and I. That doesn't happen very often, and I am extremely grateful. Family should be able to share together in the most meaningful things in life. That is what we are able to do. It is a little bit of Heaven on earth.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 91-93 and Romans 15:1-13.

Popular Posts