Family is Important

This weekend was a special one for our family. We celebrated my Mom's birthday a little early, since John and Gao Foua were coming down for the weekend. They were coming to see Dixie and Jacob, which was very nice. Then, on Friday evening we all visited with Lori, Jeff, Kade, and Avenly on Skype with the web cam. It was great to have the whole family together, even if it was electronically. When we are together in whatever fashion, it is wonderful, because God has given us a strong love for each other.

As I have told you before, God chose just the right parents for me. He knew exactly how I needed to be raised to be effective in my ministry. Then, He led me to the perfect help-mate for me. I can't imagine my life without Chris. God gave us three very different children, but each one is my favorite, because of their personal qualities. Now, I get to see my three grandchildren, which is such a blessing. I want us all to continue to grow together in the Lord for years to come. I think that is how family should be.

I, also, think that is how our church family should be. Unity and love should characterize our fellowship, as we grow together in the Lord for a long time. It is my prayer that God will bless all of our family relationships, whether it is our biological or spiritual family.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Joshua 7-8 and Luke 5:1-16.

Popular Posts