Praying for Missionaries

Each morning I pray for the SBC missionaries who have their birthdays on that day. It is a great blessing to be able to lift them up to the Lord. I have done this off and on for years, but since Lori and Jeff went to Japan, I have prayed for the missionaries every day. I had a definite impression from the Lord that it would be selfish for me to just pray for my children, but if I prayed for all of them, God would especially hear my requests for them. I can say that He has blessed in many wonderful ways, these last several years. It is a privilege to pray for God's choice servants and their ministry around the world.

I pray for the head of the International Mission Board, Jerry Rankin, each morning, too. After I had been praying for the missionaries a while, I realized that he was facing all kinds of challenges from all directions, and I needed to lift him up as well. He is a gracious man who loves the Lord, and he has a burning desire to reach the world with the gospel. I would encourage all of you to join me in this type of praying for God's workers around the world.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Samuel 1-2 and Luke 14:1-24.

Popular Posts